Tuesday 20 March 2012

Design Development

After completing the initial design process I then had to start looking into how my exhibition would actually be constructed and the materials used.

The beginning of my exhibition starts with a street scene. I imagined this to be a fake street actually built inside but then I decided that this would be quite costly and wanted to think of other ways I could actually create a street by illusion. I started to look in to Green Screen effects otheriwse known as Chroma Key. This is typically used for weather people when they stand in front of a large blank green screen and communicate the weather. The actual map of the country is generated by a computer for the audience to see at home. Using this idea I thought you could have clients walk into a room with one wall behind them painted green and the wall opposite them to have an image of a street on generated by a computer. This would give the illusion that they were actually walking down a street.

The next thing I began to look into for my exhibition was the making of the school. I decided that it needed to be a simple structure with maximum impact. The main body of the school would be made from a wooden frame, then plaster boards would be fitted and then plaster would be put over these. However the outside of the school needs to look like real brick work, so I began to look into artificial brick cladding. This is made generally from plastic and is moulded into any brick shape you want. It comes in different sections which can just be drilled into place on to a timber frame. A lot of companies creating stage sets will use similair methods to deceive people. Please click on the link below for a company which creates artificial cladding and wall panels.

http://www.grpbuildingproducts.co.uk/faq.html#faq-22  

No comments:

Post a Comment