Monday 7 May 2012

Materials for Exhibition

As mentioned earlier I had looked into Green Screeing to create visual effects for my exhibition rather than building stage sets. I do believe that if working towards a budget then this would be a good route to go down however, after some research into materials I have found that my original and preferred idea of building stage sets is well within reason. I have found a great website called Scenery Salvage which collect waste from old theatre settings and sell it on at a much reduced price. Not only is this website promoting the recycyling of materials but they are making it affordable (a reclaimed door for example costs around £10) to encourage people to use them rather than just sending their waste to a landfill sites. I have put information about Scenery Salvage on one of my presentation boards and will be talking about the materials that can be used from them and prices. Other materials I want to use for my exhibition are FSC approved timber for wooden frames. This is timber that when harvested, the FSC guarantee that the trees are replaced or they allow them to regenerate naturally.

I want acrylic windows in the building, not only is this material high gloss giving a realisitc effect, easy to clean but can also be fully recycled as well.

As said earlier the doors will be reclaimed from Scenery Salvage. This goes for the plastic bricksheets as well to surround the building with. This plastic is extracted from old sets, reprocessed and made into rolls of vacuum formed bricksheets which can then be painted with fire retardent paint and applied directly to the timber frame. Please click on the link to see what other services Scenery Salvage offer. http://www.scenerysalvage.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment